Assistant Chef - Aegis Montgomery House
Mount Claremont, WA
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building having been left vacant and officially closed since 1986. This historic Perth landmark has been carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed Residential Aged Care Facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site. This unique Facility is on schedule to commence services in Mid - January and will be delivering hospitality services with a resident focus on individualised food service options.
The opening of this facility provides new opportunities for staff who would like to be a part of an amazing project that will combine history and contemporary service delivery all in one. If you are looking for a role where you can engage in relationship based services to residents in a luxury Residential Aged Care Facility this role may be for you.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Montgomery as an Assistant Chef, on a Full-time basis.
Under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Our Food Philosophy is delivered through our signature Excellence in Dining principles of providing food full of flavour, using fresh seasonal ingredients which creates taste sensations you want to share with family and friends within a dining service environment envied by restaurants. Food service venues includes three resident dining rooms, room service dining, Montgomery Café and a Private Dining Room where residents can enjoy meals presented with flare with family and friends.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- An approachable and mentoring demeanour
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Gregg Burdon at Aegis Aged Care Group on (08) 6254 8200 or click "Apply" now below.